These are like little angel gifts from heaven….they are disturbingly addictive and amazingly delicious. Soft and chewy for a long time, they will not last much. All the ingredients are easy to make and the combination of almonds, chocolate, and coconut is exceptional, and if you never tried this combination before these are the perfect introduction.
- Great kid snacks
- Tea and coffee breaks
- Dessert pot luck
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tspn baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups of milk chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups of flaked coconut
- 1 cup almond slivers
Kitchen things you’ll need:
- Cookie sheet/baking tray
- Parchment paper (instead of oil spray)
- 2 medium bowls
- Electric mixer
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (180°C).
- Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray (or not if using parchment paper).
- Mix the butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
- Slowly beat in the eggs with a whisk or a fork.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt together thoroughly.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture until well blended.
- Add the chocolate chips, coconut and almonds and mix.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before moving them to a wire rack.
- Can substitute flour for almond meal for a gluten free options
- Try chopped dates instead of the chocolate chips for an equally sweet treat (but with extra nutrients)
- Dip them in ice cold milk for those night time dessert breaks