These delicate apricot cheese biscuits are always soft and full of flavour. Any chance I get to adding apricot into my life I take it! They have the tangy sweetness of apricot preserve/jam which makes for a subtle flavour that is not too sweet. If you are afternoon tea – these are a must! Very simple preparation and will add some sunshine to your day with their bright apricot look.
2 hours and 30 min
- Afternoon tea
- Baby showers or other gathering (school bakes)
- Summery treat
- 1 ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tspn lemon zest
- 4 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tspn baking powder
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
Kitchen things you’ll need:
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment paper
- Spoon/Ice cream scoop
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the cream cheese mixture until just combined.
- Cover, and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, and place them 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Make an indention in the center of each ball with your index finger, and fill with 1/2 teaspoon of apricot preserves.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden.
- Let the cookies cool completely and then sprinkle some confectioner’s sugar.