Often times we focus on complicated meals and entrees, but having just a well marinated steak with a small side of steamed veggies can be a revelation. The key is the marinade and that is where the focus of this recipe is, here is what I would say is one of the best no-fail marinades you can do from scratch, perfect for those romantic steak dinner nights.
- Steak Marinade
- Can be applied to lamb or chicken as well.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp dried basil
- 1 ½ tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tspn ground white pepper
- ¼ tspn hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 tspn dried minced garlic (optional)
Kitchen things you’ll need:
- Marinade bag or plastic wrap
- Combine the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper in a blender.
- Add hot pepper sauce and garlic, if desired. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour marinade over desired type of meat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Then cook the meat as desired.