This meal is light and filling, for those who are sceptical about vegetarian meals give this a try. Mushrooms tend to feel like meat when you cook them and having this meal as your “once a week veggie” day would be ideal. Very easy to prepare and easier to cook.
- Vegetarian meal
- Quick and filling
- Cook with the kids, easy prep
- 300g of refrigerated tube polenta, cut in 3cm slices
- 8 large Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella/cheddar cheese mix
Kitchen things you’ll need:
- Garlic mincer
- Preheat grill or broiler, coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray or brushed olive oil.
- Microwave the polenta in a single layer on high for 3min or until heated, alternatively precook in the broiler for 5min.
- Place the mushrooms cap side up on foil and brush with olive oil to coat. Then flip them and spread the garlic.
- Place the polenta on top of the mushroom and then sprinkle with cheese, then drizzle with more olive oil.
- Grill the mushrooms, or broil for about 8 min or until the cheese is bubbling. Season to taste with pepper.