The grilled chicken is a standard go to for healthy, delicious and light meals, but what gives this recipe an extra edge is the combination of watermelons and cucumbers in the salsa. You’ll be surprised how well that combination works together and with the chicken giving it a fresh tasty condiment. Not to be ignored, the chicken marinade is a wonder in and of itself.
- Light summer lunch
- Healthy low carb meal
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 cloves raw garlic
- ½ tspn red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ tspn ground ginger spice
- 1 stalk green onions
- 1 ½ cup diced watermelon
- ½ Jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tspn honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
Kitchen things you’ll need:
- Ziplock bag
- Meat tenderizer or rolling pin
- Garlic mincer
- Crush garlic cloves, cilantro, and green onions.
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in a bowl then transfer to the ziplock bag.
- Pound chicken to an even thickness then score diagonally across the top and place inside the bag with marinade.
- Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Grill chicken breasts over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the centre.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- For the salsa, combine the watermelon and cucumber then spoon over grilled chicken when serving.