This meal is light and filling, for those who are sceptical about vegetarian meals give this a try. Mushrooms tend to feel like meat when you cook them and having this meal as your “once a week veggie” day would be ideal. Very easy to prepare and easier to cook.
1 hour 10 min
- Vegetarian snack
- Healthy kid lunch
- Cook with the kids, easy prep
- 1 Large Cauliflower head
- 1 tspn Salt
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
Kitchen things you’ll need:
- Baking/parchment Sheets
- Cookie Sheet Tray
- Trim the head of cauliflower, getting rid of the core and thick stems;
- Cut the florets into smaller pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and salt, whisk, then add the cauliflower pieces and toss thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment for easy cleanup (you can skip that, if you don’t have any) then spread the cauliflower pieces on the sheet.
- Roast for 1 hour, turning 3 or 4 times, until most of each piece has turned golden brown. The browner the cauliflower pieces turn, the more caramelization occurs and the sweeter they’ll taste.
Tips: Kick it up a notch by adding rosemary, garlic salt, crushed Cheetos chips or a variety of other dry ribs to give a range of flavours.