Chocolate chip cookies are classics known the known over to all those with slight sweet tooth addiction. Perfect anytime and store well, these cookies are safe go to-s when you need to whip up a quick delicious sweet snack. With a number of recipes out there – this one I tried gives you moist cookies every time that can conveniently store for a good while and most importantly taste incredibly yummy.
1 hour and 30 min
- Everyday dessert
- Kid lunch box
- Movie watching and casual get togethers
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ¾ cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 2 tspn vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tspn cornstarch
- 1 tspn baking soda
- ½ tspn salt
- 1 and ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Kitchen things you’ll need:
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Parchment/wax paper
- Cookie baking sheet(s)
- In a large bowl using a mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together on medium speed until combined and creamy for about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In another medium bowl, sift the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients, then beat with a mixer until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips afterwards.
- Cover the dough tightly with aluminium foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 min. When chilled, the dough will seem crumbly, but will come together when you work the dough with your hands
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F) and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. You can also do them stage in one sheet tray.
- Roll balls of dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough each, into balls.
- Bake for 10-12 min, until barely golden brown around the edges.
- Cool for 5 min on the baking sheet. Then move them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for 3 months.
- This is optional, but as soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a few chocolate chips on top. They’ll melt right down into the cookie, making them extra pretty.
- You can make the cookie dough and chill it in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Allow to come to room temperature then continue with preheating the oven.