One of those instant classics in restaurants this Artichoke and Spinach dip is an easy way to create an impressive appetiser or for a casual late night movie snack. It’s great as an alternative dip to those plastic cheese and ranch processed ones you pay for and you get a good serving of some greens into your diet – can’t go wrong.
About an hour and 15 minutes
- Impressive appetiser
- Chip dip
- Late night snack
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) package of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (14-ounce) can of artichoke hearts
- 1 (10-ounce) jar of Alfredo-style pasta white sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ (8 ounce) package of soft cream cheese
Kitchen things you’ll need:
- 8 x 8 Baking dish
- Grater (if cheeses are not shredded and grated)
- Serving bowl
- Thaw and drain the chopped spinach package
- Drain and chop the artichoke hearts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Put the garlic in the baking dish and back for 20-30 minutes until soft.
- Remove it and let it cool, squeeze the soft garlic and remove the skin.
- In the baking dish spread the roasted garlic, spinach, artichoke hearts, and the white pasta sauce with the mozzarella, Parmesan and cream cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the cheeses are melted and start to bubble.
- Garnish with cayenne pepper for an extra kick
- Alternatively garnish with thyme, roasted pine nuts or Middle Eastern Za’taar
- Serve it warm – makes a big difference
- Have some baked pita or packaged chips served with it on the side, you can even use croutons, pieces of stale bread or some veggie sticks.