In the dark dreary winter months how about trying some bright citrus flavour with an equally bright yellow look. This will put a smile for both the freshness it brings and the taste it has. Less tart and more sweet this will satisfy any sweet tooth. Easy to make and impressive all year round and you’ll sure to impress when you come out with that serving dish.
About an hour and a half
- Citrus fix in winter
- Sweet and tangy dessert
- Bright look
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar, or to taste
Kitchen things you’ll need:
- Hand or stand mixer
- Large bowl
- 9 inch pie or tart pan
- Aluminium Foil
- Combine butter, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer; mix ingredients thoroughly with a paddle attachment.
- Mix flour into butter mixture to make a smooth dough.
- Press dough into a 9-inch tart pan; refrigerate crust for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake crust until light golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup flour in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour lemon filling into crust.
- Cover edges of crust with strips of aluminium foil to prevent burning.
- Bake tart until filling is set, about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely and dust with confectioners’ sugar
Top edible dried roses for an impressive look.