I’m no stranger to e-commerce and online shopping. I do my fare share from electronics to baby products. But are there items that are absolutely no goes for online shopping? Do you have a red line or rather a red list of what items you simply would not buy online? Not because of availability or price but because of any range of other reasons?
Here is my online shopping red list:
- Helmets – these are better tested on an actual head for a fit, otherwise they are useless.
- Sweaters and shirts (men) – this includes belts, they never fit the right way and certainly never look as they would online, I’m one of those people who has to try them on (underwear is not a problem for me to buy online)
- Medicine – I always like to consult a pharmacist even if I bought before, unless it’s a reoccurring prescription
- Ladies Jewellery – I like to have the bag and boxes because it is important to my wife, as for me I have no problem if someone got me something online without the brand bag or box
- Furniture – I have had one exception with a bench, but for things like beds and sofas I really need to try them out and see how they would look, colour variations is a big deal when I’m trying to match up furniture pieces that I bought from different places, plus the return policy of online shopping for furniture is usually more costly than regular showrooms
Would love to hear other thoughts on this, and maybe there are items I should avoid. For example are there any baby items I simply wouldn’t buy online? Or that I want to but can’t find them? This leads to my equally important green list. Items that I would love to buy online but simply cannot find. With all the clutter of things being sold from Amazon to eBay, here is a list of things I couldn’t find on the virtual world:
- Baby products – I have a few baby sites that I enjoy including nomamoma.com and www.biobaby.com but that’s about it you’d think there would be more options of non-retail online stores
- Simple Men Jewellery – there aren’t enough jewellery for guys that have a simpler taste in style – most of them are full of decoration and bling. I get for some it’s fashionable but I like simple and clean styles – in fact my favourite online store for that is ascotbaystyle.com – but more options need to be made available
What items are on your red and green lists?