These are traditional holiday cookies, but are so easy to make it’s a no wonder that they are so popular. They are light and flakey and are easy enough to get your kids involved in making them. The recipe makes sue that the cookies are moist and store well.
30 min (3 hours in the fridge)
- Light seasonal cookies
- Afternoon tea
- Cooking with kids
- ¾ cup margarine or butter
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of cinnamon and suger for sprinkling.
Kitchen things you’ll need:
- Mixing Bowl
- Parchment/wax paper
- Cookie sheet tray
- Cookie cutters
- Cream margarine/butter, vanilla, gradually.
- Add sugar with eggs to the mixture.
- Sift dry ingredients together and slowly add to the margarine/butter mixture.
- Cool in the fridge over night or for at least 3 hours.
- Roll out and cut into shapes then bake for 10min at 175°C (350°F).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar before serving.