An easy and delicious alternative to chocolate chip cookies (or mix both), this is one you definitely want to try. For those addicted to peanut butter based sweets, this won’t disappoint, and because it’s less chocolate and more protein rich peanut butter, the sugar level is low for these delectable cookies; plus they are practically a no cook cookie!
- Healthier alternative to other cookies
- High in protein (for a dessert anyway)
- Easy to store and pack into giveaways
Kitchen things you’ll need:
- Mixing Bowl
- Parchment/wax paper
- Put the gingersnap cookies in a food processor and chop until ground to crumbs. (You should have about 1 cup of crumbs – add a few more cookies if it’s less.)
- Add the peanut butter and pulse until completely blended, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Using wet hands, roll mixture into 1 inch balls, pressing firmly so they hold together.
- Melt the chocolate chips on stovetop (or in 30 second batches in a microwave).
- Then dip the gingersnap balls into chocolate to coat completely.
- Lay them on the parchment paper and refrigerate until the chocolate is solidly set. You can sprinkle tops with cinnamon if you like.
- If the mixture seems too dry/crumbly, add more peanut butter. If it seems too soft, add more cookie crumbs.